Hansjörg has always believed that mountains are not just places of mesmerizing beauty but also gateways to excitement and new experiences. As a young boy growing up in Austria, beneath the jagged pinnacles of the Dolomites, he and his brothers would guide sheep from the family farm into the mountains every summer and the thrill which accompanied those special moments of independence still follows him on his mountain adventures today.
- Free Solo of Tempi Moderni (6c/ 800 m), Fish (7b+/ 850 m), Locker vom Hocker (7a/ 350 m) and Bayrischer Traum (7a/ 400 m) and Mephisto (6c+/400m)
- First Free Ascent of L’ultimo dei Paracadutisti (8b+/ 650 m) on Marmolada Southwestface
- First Ascent of Bruderliebe (8b/800m) on Marmolada Southface
- First Ascent of Kunyang Chhish East (7400 m) via the 2700m high southwest face
- First Ascent of the south face on Nilgiri South (6839 m) – (RIP my good friend Gerry)
- Sportclimbing up to 8c+ and first ascents up to 8c